Sunday, February 5, 2017

I am Tom Petty. I am a Heartbreaker.



Well, I won't back down
No I won't back down
You can stand me up at the gates of hell
But I won't back down
No I'll stand my ground
Won't be turned around
And I'll keep this world from draggin' me down
Gonna stand my ground
And I won't back down
(I won't back down)
Hey baby, there ain't no easy way out
(I won't back down)
Hey I will stand my ground
And I won't back down
Well I know what's right
I got just one life
In a world that keeps on pushin' me around
But I'll stand my ground
And I won't back down

To anyone saying that people speaking out against Donald Trump need to "drop it", "get over it", "let it go", "give it up", "quit being little snowflakes" or whatever else insulting and bullying lingo they'd like to use, I say: NO. 

I'm not a fucking snowflake. I'm a human being. I'm a human being that wants equal rights for myself and for all the other human beings. And I'm not going to shut up until we get them. 

You want to ridicul us by calling us snowflakes when you're the overly-delicate motherfuckers who get vindictive on a human rights level when more than just Christian holidays are acknowledged? You call us babies when you voted for a fucking racist, sexist BIGOT because you were mad that the job force was being comprised by more than just white males? 

I'm not a fucking snowflake and I'm not gonna "let it go" as you so elequaintly put it. I'm going to fight. I'm going to fight for the rest of my life, if that's what it takes. Because it's my goddamn duty. Because the gift of life I was given isn't something that I think is only deserved by myself and people who look like me. 

I am not a snowflake. I am a human. And I defend the equal rights of other humans.

With pride. With dignity. And with the knowledge that I am not just thinking of myself and my needs but the needs of all those living on the Earth with me. 

No comments:

Post a Comment